Who is eligible
Singapore Citizens who have:
- Been admitted or seeking admission to a local university for a full-time undergraduate degree, excluding healthcare-related disciplines.
- Good GCE A-Level certification, Polytechnic Diploma, International Baccalaureate Diploma or NUS High School Diploma.
- Good co-curricular activities (CCA) records and leadership achievements.
- Passion to contribute to Singapore’s strategic sectors.
- You can apply for the Full-Term scheme at any time before you begin your undergraduate studies. This is even if you have not secured a place in the local university.
- When submitting your online application, you must indicate the university and courses that you have applied for. If you are successful in receiving the scholarship, you must provide documents on your placement in the university.
Value of award
The scholarship will cover:
- Full tuition fees and approved academic charges.
- Allowance for living expenses, hostel and overseas exchange.
The bond period you must serve with your sponsoring organisation, depends on the university you are graduating from:
- 4 years, if you are going to graduate from NTU, NUS, SIT, SMU, SUSS or SUTD.
- 3 years, if you are going to graduate from SIT.
- The terms and coverage are the same across all sponsoring organisations.
- SgIS scholars may seek approval from their sponsoring organisations to pursue a Master's degree. Approval is subjected to the needs of the sponsoring organisation, and the bond period may increase proportionately should the sponsoring organisation provide sponsorship for it.