SgIS is the only multi-industry scholarship in partnership with the Singapore Government, offering Singapore Citizens scholarships at different stages of their university education, locally and overseas.
The organisations participating in the SgIS are from various industries and have a strong focus in developing talent. Together, we groom the next generation of leaders, developing their core skills and competencies, through internships and professional development.
Why choose SgIS
SgIS offers you an opportunity to kick-start your career with one of the sponsoring organisations from Singapore’s strategic sectors.
While pursuing your undergraduate studies, you can get an early start in personal and professional development through the SgIS Scholars’ Development and Engagement Programme that comprises:
- Induction programmes
- Dialogue sessions
- Leaders' Forums
- SgIS Scholars' Network
Through this programme, you get to:
- Develop core skills through structured and continual learning.
- Interact with leaders from the public and private sections, allowing you to gain valuable insights about the industry you are interested in.
- Get to know other SgIS scholars and share your experiences.
Internship and career development
Sponsoring organisations have different development frameworks and programmes, and some are more intensive than others. As an SgIS scholar, you will have the opportunity to participate in at least 1 internship programme with your sponsoring organisation. You can find out more during your interview.
Your eventual job role and deployment will depend on the organisation's needs. Thus, we encourage you to discuss your career aspirations and preferences with your sponsoring organisation before graduation so that these can be factored into your eventual deployment.
We offer 3 scholarship schemes:
- Full-Term, if you are going to embark on full-time local undergraduate studies.
- Mid-Term (Local), if you are currently pursuing full-time undergraduate studies in a local university.
- Mid-Term (Overseas), if you are currently pursuing full-time undergraduate studies in an overseas university.