5. Submit your child's choices
You can submit your child’s choices in late November. There are 2 ways to do so:
- Recommended using online via the S1 Internet System (S1-IS). The S1-IS is available 24 hours a day, except on the last day when it closes at 3pm.
- Through your child’s primary school. Primary schools are open from 9am to 3pm and closed on weekends.
You have until 3pm on the final day to submit your child's choices.
Fill out the S1 Option Form with your child, listing 6 secondary school choices. Make sure you have written down the correct school codes.
Choose the submission method:
- Through school
Submit online via S1-IS
- Log into the S1 Internet System (S1-IS) with your child's Birth Certificate number/FIN, and S1 PIN. The S1 PIN is a unique password found in the upper right-hand corner of your child's S1 Option Form .
- Verify your child’s particulars, and enter your mobile contact details. This allows us to send you their posting results via SMS.
- If your child is eligible to choose between two course options, select your child’s preferred course first. This will apply to all school choices.
- Follow the instructions to submit your child’s school choices and Third Language options.
- Verify your child's school choices and Third Language options (if applicable) before submitting online. Remember to print and retain a copy of the Verification Slip (VS) for your records.
If you need to amend your submission, view this guide. You can only make 3 amendments during the school choice submission period.
If you have trouble with your submission, check your system requirement.
Submit through your child’s primary school
- Fill out the together with your child, listing a maximum of 6 schools in order of preference.
- Contact your child’s primary school regarding your submission. The school may ask for the completed form, your child’s birth certificate and both you and your spouse’s Singapore NRICs.
- You will be given a Verification Slip (VS) endorsed with the school stamp.
- Double-check the slip and inform the staff if any mistakes have been made so they can make amendments.
- Sign the VS and keep one copy for your records.
If you are unable to submit the form
If you are unable to submit the S1 Option Form in personally, nominate another adult to do so, using this proxy form .
Once you have submitted
The posting results will be released tentatively between Tuesday, 22 December 2020 and Thursday, 24 December 2020 via online, SMS, and through your child’s primary school. Your child will then report to their secondary school on the following working day.
In the meantime, your child can take a much-deserved break!