Primary 6 students can apply for DSA-Sec based on a wide-range of talents, including:
- Sports and games
- Visual, literary and performing arts
- Debate and public speaking
- Science, mathematics and engineering
- Languages and humanities
- Uniformed groups
- Leadership (for example, prefects)
Schools have different selection processes but, in general, applicants must be able to demonstrate their talent, potential, passion and character through their school track record and online DSA applications. For example, your child might have:
- Represented the school in a CCA.
- Held a role in a play or performance.
- Done well in a subject such as mathematics or creative writing.
- Held a leadership role in class or a CCA.
Things to note
- Your child’s PSLE score still matters. Students offered placement in a DSA-Sec school still need a PSLE score that qualifies them for the course offered by the school.
- If your child is admitted through DSA-Sec, they must commit to their chosen school for the duration of the programme. They are not allowed to transfer to another secondary school.