5. Submit your child's choices
There are two ways to submit your child’s choices.
|Recommended Online via the S1 Internet System (S1-IS)||
|In person at your child’s primary school||
You have until 3pm on Wednesday, 28 November 2018 to submit your child’s choices online.
Tip: Write down the school codes for your child’s preferred schools before entering the S1 Internet System as you will be logged out after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- Fill out the S1 Option Form with your child, listing six secondary school choices. Make sure you have written down the correct school codes.
- Log into the S1 Internet System (S1-IS) with your child’s Birth Certificate / FIN number and S1 PIN. The S1 PIN is a unique password found in the upper right-hand corner of your child’s S1 Option Form.
- Verify your child’s particulars, and enter your mobile contact details. This allows us to send you their posting results via SMS.
- If your child is eligible to choose between two course options, select your child’s preferred course first. This will apply to all school choices.
- Follow the instructions to submit your child’s school choices and third language options.
- Verify your school choices and third language options (if applicable) before submitting online. Remember to print and retain a copy of the Verification Slip (VS) for your records.
If you need further clarification, or need to make amendments to your submission, view our step-by-step guide to the S1-IS. You can only make one amendment to submitted options.
If you have trouble, view this system requirement .
Submitting in person
You have until 3pm on Wednesday, 28 November 2018 to submit your child’s choices in person.
- Bring the completed S1 Option Form to your child’s primary school.
- School staff will enter your choices into the S1-IS.
- You will be given a Verification Slip (VS) endorsed with the school stamp.
- Double-check the slip and inform the staff if any mistakes have been made so they can make amendments.
- Sign the Verification Slip and keep one copy for your records.
Your child’s primary school will be open for in person submission from:
|Thursday, 22 November 2018||11am to 3pm|
|Friday, 23 November 2018||9am to 3pm|
|Monday, 26 November 2018||9am to 3pm|
|Tuesday, 27 November 2018||9am to 3pm|
|Wednesday, 28 November 2018||9am to 3pm|
Please note that schools will not be open on Saturday, 24 November and Sunday, 25 November 2018.
Note: If you’re unable to submit the S1 Option Form in person, nominate another adult to do so, using this proxy form.
If you miss the deadline
If you fail to submit your child's choices by 3pm on Wednesday, 28 November 2018, you can still submit in person. Go to your child’s primary school between 9am and 12pm on Thursday, 29 November 2018.
Note: You will not be able to amend any submitted choices or submit your third language options on this day.
Once you’ve submitted
The posting results will be released on Wednesday, 19 December 2018 online, via SMS, and at your child’s primary school. Your child will then report to their secondary school on Thursday, 20 December 2018.
But in the meantime, your child can take a much-deserved break!