What is Education and Career Guidance?
Education and Career Guidance (ECG) is developmental in nature, and seeks to meet the needs of students at every stage of their education. Through ECG, students develop social emotional competencies and qualities of proactivity, adaptability and resilience that will prepare them for the 21st century.
As a parent, you play a key role in supporting your child's education and career choices. Learn how to journey with your children and help them achieve their aspirations.
Goals of ECG
The goals of ECG are to:
- Nurture student's self-awareness, self-directedness and life skills for continuous learning.
- Provide students with accurate and comprehensive information and enable them to explore well-thought through education and career options.
- Instill in students an appreciation for the value of all occupations and how they contribute to the society.
- Equip students with skills to positively engage their parents and other career influencers such as teachers, trusted adults and industry experts.
As a student, ECG helps you to:
- Continually develop your strengths, interests and abilities, and use them to contribute meaningfully to society through your future professions.
- Learn and explore the different education and career pathways that you can choose, and the opportunities for continous learning and recogntion.
- Appreciate, take pride in and add value to any job.
- Make informed decisions about your education and career plans, and take steps to embark on them.
- Develop 21st century competencies, values and workplace readiness skills to be adaptable and resilient.
My SkillsFuture portal
The MySkillsFuture portal is a one-stop portal with information and tools to explore various education and career pathways for all students from Primary 5 to junior colleges and Millennia Institute.
You and your child can use your child's account to explore the student portal, and take the opportunity to begin an ECG conversation:
- For primary school students
- For secondary school students
- For junior colleges and Millennia Institute students
Secondary schools, junior colleges, Millennia Institute and post-secondary education institutions are resourced with ECG Counselllors. They work closely with the respective institutions' ECG teams to guide students to make informed decisions about their education and career plans.
ECG Centre @ MOE
The ECG Centre @ MOE provides ECG counselling services for students during periods such as the release of their GCE N-Level, O-Level and A-Level examination results.
To book an appointment, please contact:
Phone: 6831 1420
E-appointment system: http://bit.ly/moe_ecg
You can refer to the following resources to learn how to support your children in their education and career journey.
- My SkillsFuture – Learn about the key features and how you can tap on the MySkillsFuture student portal to support your children in their education and career planning.
- Journeying with Our Children, Achieving Their Aspirations – Tips and advice on ECG and considerations at key education stages to guide your children.
- What's Next – An interactive resource to support students' decision-making process at their key education stages.
- The Next Step Forward – See how 54 individuals go through diverse education and career pathways. The inspirational narratives highlight the many options that cater to the students' needs and can help them discover their selected paths.