At primary schools, the ECG curriculum focuses on awareness. ECG is used to introduce students to a wide range of occupations. Through lessons and interactive activities, students learn to:
- Understand their strengths, interests and aspirations.
- Explore different occupations in the world of work.
- Plan their educational pathways and select secondary schools.
The curriculum is delivered during the Form-Teacher Guidance Periods (FTGP) from Primary 3 to 6 in the following formats:
- 10 periods over Primary 3 and 4.
- 12 periods over Primary 5 and 6.