You will need to notify us of your school's relocation or expansion online via GoBusiness Licensing. Please ensure that the renovation and furnishing works are completed before notifying us.
Take note of the following when relocating or renovating your school:
- Check if you need to submit a Change-of-Use application to the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) or Housing and Development Board (HDB).
- Your school has to be of an acceptable and reasonable size, and it should include:
- A space for an office or reception.
- You need to submit building floor plans for alteration or renovation works to the Fire Safety & Shelter Department (FSSD).
How to notify us
Follow these steps:
- Select “amend existing licence” under the “licence application” menu.
- Choose “Ministry of Education” as the government agency.
For technical assistance in GoBusiness Licensing, you can contact their helpdesk through:Email: email@example.comTel: +65 6774 1430Operation hours:
- From 8am to 8pm on Mondays to Fridays
- From 8am to 2pm on Saturdays
- A1-sized approved Floor Plan by the FSSD.
- Fire Safety Certificate.
- Grant of Written Permission (URA) or HDB’s Tenancy Agreement.
- For relocation: Original Certificate of Registration of School and Classroom Accommodation Certificates. If you have lost the original certificate, you may obtain a Statutory Declaration from a Commissioner of Oaths and submit it to us.
- For expansion: Letter from Supervisor to:
- Indicate interest in the expansion campus scheme.
- Confirm that the new campus is owned by the same legal entity and has an identical school management committee as the school that is already registered with us.
The documents will be processed within 14 days upon our acceptance of the documents. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will delay the processing time.
How to submit your documents
You will need to mail the documents to:
Private Schools Section
MOE HQ, Level 9
1 North Buona Vista Drive
Indicate the name of your school, online application ID, date and specify “School relocation or expansion”.
After you submit your documents
If your documents and site inspection are satisfactory, you will be notified of the approval through email or SMS. Or, you can check through GoBusiness Licensing.
You should pay the registration fee to GoBusiness Licensing within 60 days upon licence approval. If no payment is received after 60 days, your application will be considered withdrawn and you will have to apply again.
You will receive the relevant certificates after all registration and administrative procedures have been successfully completed.