You will need to register your private school, courses offered and teacher permitted to teach if your school offers education for 10 or more persons. These include:
- Tuition centres that teach subjects taught in mainstream schools.
- Enrichment centres.
- Language, music, dance and art schools that prepare students to attain an official certificate for their respective craft.
You will need to register with the Committee of Private Education (CPE) if your private school:
- Offers diploma or degree courses, or some form of post-secondary certification.
- Offers full-time preparatory courses for entrance or placement tests to MOE mainstream schools, or for external examinations.
- Offers full-time primary or secondary education that follows a foreign or international curriculum.
- Is a privately-funded special education school.
If you are an operator of a child care centre or preschool, refer to the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA).
Changes to registration details
For registered schools, you will need to submit an amendment for the following changes:
- Courses offered and teachers permitted to teach.
- Members in the management committee.
- Relocation or expansion of your school.
- School name.
- Termination or closure of your school.
Certificates you can issue
As a school, you may issue the following certificates to students:
- Certificates for the successful completion of internal examinations or assessments conducted by your school.
- Certificates for attendance or completion of the courses.