Considerations for school name
You will need to take note of the following when thinking about a change of school name:
- The name proposed should reflect the curriculum and type of courses to be offered by the proposed school. For example, a language school named “—— Language School'.
- Words such as ‘Singapore’, ‘National’, etc. should not be used as that would indicate ownership and links with the government.
- If abbreviations are used in the proposed name, please state what they stand for.
- The name of the school should be the name of the ACRA entity. For example, “ABC Tuition Centre' for sole-proprietorship and partnership business, and “ABC Tuition Centre Pte Ltd' for companies.
We reserve the right to refuse registration of any name proposed for a school which is deemed unsuitable or misleading.
How to get approval
You will need to get our approval for your school’s change of name online via GoBusiness Licensing.
Follow these steps when registering:
- Select “amend existing licence” under the “licence application” menu.
- Choose “Ministry of Education” as the government agency.
For technical assistance in GoBusiness Licensing, you can contact their helpdesk through:Email: email@example.comTel: +65 6774 1430Operation hours:
- From 8am to 8pm on Mondays to Fridays
- From 8am to 2pm on Saturdays
- Original hand-signed hardcopy note from owners (if sole-proprietorship) or partners (if ownership is a partnership business or a limited liability partnership) or Directors’ Resolution (if ownership of school is a company) on the change of school name.
- Latest BizFILE printout from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
- Original Certificate of Registration of School and Classroom Accommodation Certificates.
The documents will be processed within 14 days upon our acceptance of the documents. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will delay the processing time.
How to submit your documents
Mail the documents to:
Private Schools Section
MOE HQ, Level 9
1 North Buona Vista Drive
Indicate the name of your school, online application ID, date and specify “Change of school name”.
After you submit your documents
If your documents are satisfactory, you will be notified of the approval through email or SMS. Or, you can check through GoBusiness Licensing.
You should pay the registration fee to GoBusiness Licensing within 60 days upon licence approval. If no payment is received after 60 days, your application will be considered withdrawn and you will have to apply again.
You will receive the relevant certificates after all registration and administrative procedures have been successfully completed.