1. Overview and key dates
You can apply to transfer your child to a primary school nearer to your new residential address if your child is:
- A Singapore Citizen (SC) or Permanent Resident (PR).
- Currently in Primary 1 to 5.
We will offer your child a school nearer to your new residential address with available vacancies.
Your child will have to report to the new school by the end of the reporting period to complete the school transfer. Your NRIC must be updated with your new residential address when reporting to the new school.
If you decide not to accept the school offered, or miss the reporting deadline, your child will remain in their current school.
- If your child already has a set of Primary 5 subject combination, they will be offered the same combination in their new school.
- Primary 6 students are discouraged from transfers as it is a critical year for them to take the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE). If there are special circumstances, you should approach your child's current school.
- If you are seeking transfer due to other reasons such as medical conditions, you should approach your child's current school for assistance.
Key dates for 2020
|Application period||Application outcome||Reporting period|
|Transfer in September 2020||From 9am on Monday, 24 August to 4pm on Friday, 4 September 2020||Monday, 14 September 2020||Tuesday, 15 September to Friday, 18 September 2020|
To minimise the disruption to your child’s studies and ease their integration into the new school, plan ahead and apply for the transfer during the period nearest to when you intend to change your address.