Before you begin
- Understand your child’s needs, preferences and interests.
- Gather insights from your child’s Early Intervention Programme for Infants and Children (EIPIC) and preschool teachers.
- Discuss with a health professional and get a professional assessment for your child.
- Explore the curriculum and learning experience in different special education schools.
Application process for special education schools
What you need to do:
- Check your preferred school’s website to learn about the application process and deadline.
- Download the special educational school application form .
- Gather and attach all required documents. Applications can be processed only if all the required documents are submitted.
- Submit the application form with required documents to your first choice special education school.
- The school may arrange to meet you and your child to assess if their needs can be supported. If successful, you will receive an offer letter by post within 3 to 6 months from the date of application submission.
- Register your child at the school within 2 weeks from the day you receive the offer letter.
- Applications may be delayed if there is missing or inaccurate information.
- An alternative school will be recommended if your first choice school has no vacancies or is unable to cater to your child’s learning needs.
Work with a referring agency
You should work with a referring agency that will assist you with the application process, such as:
- The mainstream or special education school that your child is currently enrolled in.
- EIPIC centres, if your child is enrolled in one.
- Social workers and counsellors from social service agencies.
Part of:Special educational needs