Last updated:

Primary 1 registration guides

You will need to submit different documents in each registration phase. Learn how to register for your child’s phase and what documents are required.


Primary 1 (P1) registration is done in person for all phases, with online registration available for Phases 2C and 2C Supplementary.

We will inform you of the result at the end of the registration phase through SMS. If you do not receive the SMS by noon on the results announcement day for the phase, you can check directly with the school in the afternoon.

If you are a Singaporean living overseas, we will inform you of the results through either:

  • Email, if you had registered through email to our Pupil Placement Services Branch.
  • SMS, if you had provided a valid Singapore mobile number at registration.

If your child is an international student, your P1 registration follows a different process. Find out how.


  • You will need to present the original documents at your preferred school when you register your child, except if you register online in Phases 2C and 2C Supplementary.
  • Your child does not need to be present when you register in person.
  • 1
  • 2A(1)
  • 2A(2)
  • 2B
  • 2C
  • 2C Supplementary

Optional supporting documents

You may also need to prepare the following documents if required.

If you are living overseas

You may register directly by emailing our Pupil Placement Services Branch at at least 1 week before the registration phase begins.

We will inform you of your registration results at the end of the phase through:

  • Email.
  • SMS (if a valid Singapore mobile number was provided).

What you need to include in your email:


  • Your email must not exceed 20MB. If it exceeds the limit, you can send the documents in separate emails.
Proxy form

If you are unable to register your child for Primary 1 in person, you can authorise another adult to do so using this proxy form .

The person you authorise will need to bring this form and all required original documents on your behalf to your preferred school.

The exception is if you are living overseas and registering via a proxy, then photocopies of documents are accepted.

Declaration of alternative child-care arrangement

You will need to make a declaration of alternative child-care arrangement if your child is under the care of your parent or sibling and you are using their address to register for a school that is within 2km.

Learn how to make the declaration.

Documents for using the address of a new property

You will need to provide one of these documents:

  • A copy of the original Sales and Purchase agreement for the private property.
  • A print out of the ‘New Flat’ page from My HDBPage, if applicable.

Note: The vacant or delivery possession date of the property must be within 2 years of your child’s entry into P1. You must also move into the new property within the same time.

Documents for using the address of a resale property

You will need to provide one of these documents:

  • An exercised Option-To-Purchase and buyer's stamp duty certificate for private resale property.
  • A printout of Resale Flat Status from HDB Resale Portal, if applicable.

Note: You must move into the registered resale property by 2 January of your child's P1 admission year.

Documents for withdrawal from school

You will need to bring both parents' original NRICs to the school at the point of withdrawal.

Documents for divorced or separated parents

Joint custody

You will both need to agree on the choice of school for your child. Only one of you is required to register your child in person at the school.

You will need to:

  • Bring the Court Order setting out the custody arrangement.
  • Bring the letter of consent signed by the other parent.
  • Sign a letter of undertaking (LOU) to resolve disputes, if any. The LOU will be issued by schools.


  • If you can’t agree on the preferred school, you may approach the Family Justice Courts or the Syariah Court at least 3 months ahead of your child's P1 registration to apply for a Court Order.
  • If you have previously (a) started divorce proceedings in the Syariah Courts, (b) obtained a decree or order for divorce from the Syariah Courts, or (c) registered your divorce with the Syariah Courts, and now wish to obtain an order from the Family Justice Courts relating to the choice of your child's school, please consider whether you will need the prior leave of the Syariah Courts to do so and give yourself additional time to complete that process.
  • We will process the child’s registration based on the choices made by the parent authorised in the Court Order.

Sole custody

As the parent with sole custody, you are required to register your child in person at the school.

You will need to:

  • Bring the Court Order setting out the custody arrangement.
  • Sign a letter of undertaking to resolve disputes, if any.

Note: If there is a dispute about your child’s enrolment that cannot be resolved, we may place your child in another school.