You must make a declaration of alternative child-care arrangement for your child’s P1 registration if you want to use the address of a caregiver living within 2km of your school of choice.
You can make a declaration if you meet all of the following conditions:
- You and your spouse are both working full-time.
- Your child’s caregiver must be one of your parents or your sibling.
- The caregiver is currently looking after your child.
How to make a declaration
The declaration can only be made in person at the MOE Customer Service Centre from Monday, 8 July 2019 to Thursday, 1 August 2019 at the following times:
- 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
- 9am to 12pm on Saturday
Only one parent is required to be present with the necessary documents. The caregiver does not need to be present.
You will need to bring the originals of these documents:
- Completed declaration form for you or your spouse.
- Completed declaration form for your child's caregiver.
- Both parents’ NRICs.
- Caregiver's NRIC.
- Birth certificate of the child to be registered for P1.
- Proof of the relationship between you and your child’s caregiver:
- Birth certificate.
- Marriage certificate (where applicable).
- Photocopies of the passport, NRIC or overseas employment letter if you or your spouse is currently overseas.
If balloting is required
If the caregiver’s address is within 2km of the school, your child will be balloted together with those of the same citizenship living between 1km to 2km of the school. This is regardless of how close the caregiver’s address is to the school.
If the caregiver’s address falls outside of 2km from the school, your child will be balloted together with those of the same citizenship living outside of 2km from the school.
Note: If the caregiver’s address is successfully used for priority admission, you will have to continue with the same childcare arrangement at the same address for at least 30 months from the start of P1 registration on 3 July 2019.
If not, your child may be transferred to another school with vacancies.