Primary school students will learn the following subjects:
- English Language
- Mother Tongue Language (MTL)
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- Character and Citizenship Education
In Primary 5 and 6, your child will be offered English Language, MTL, Mathematics and Science at the foundation or standard levels, depending on their Primary 4 school examination results. They may also be offered Higher MTL depending on their MTL results.
Primary schools are equipped to teach the Strategies for English Language Learning And Reading (STELLAR) curriculum.
STELLAR is an interactive literacy programme that fosters confidence in learning English using children’s literature.
- 2015 Chinese Language (Primary) Syllabus
- 2007 Chinese Language (Primary) Syllabus
- 2007 Character List (Primary Higher Chinese)
- 2007 Character List (Primary Chinese)
- Recommended Supplementary Chinese Language Readers for Primary School
- Xue Le 学乐 (complements 2015 Chinese Language syllabus)