Students can take a mix of standard and foundation subjects through SBB at P5 and P6.
This would allow your child to:
- Stretch their potential in subjects they are strong in.
- Build up their understanding in subjects they need more help with.
If your child passes 3 or more subjects in Primary 4, your child will be offered the 4 standard subjects:
- English Language
- Mother Tongue Language
Higher Mother Tongue Language may also be offered if your child passes 4 subjects and does very well for Mother Tongue Language.
Students who pass 2 subjects or less will be offered the following choices:
- 4 standard subjects
- 3 standard subjects + 1 foundation subject
- 2 standard subjects + 2 foundation subjects
- 1 standard subject + 3 foundation subjects
- 4 foundation subjects
Taking subjects at the foundation level is not a disadvantage for your child. It will help them to build up the fundamentals for the subjects and better prepare them for progression to secondary school.