Your child will need to apply for an exemption from CE if you wish for them to attend a designated school.
The designated schools currently providing full-time primary education are:
- San Yu Adventist School
- Madrasah Irsyad Zuhri Al-Islamiah
- Madrasah Al-Ma’arif Al-Islamiah
- Madrasah Alsagoff Al-Arabiah
- Madrasah Wak Tanjong Al-Islamiah
How to apply
Submit your application to the MOE Compulsory Education Unit through the designated school.
To home-school your child, you will have to meet certain conditions such as:
- Satisfy our objectives for compulsory education.
- Provide a curriculum plan for the 4 subjects (English Language, Mother Tongue Language, Mathematics and Science) of your home-schooling programme.
- Provide a teaching plan for Character and Citizenship Education.
- Possess the necessary qualifications.
Children who are home-schooled must:
- Sit for the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) in 4 subjects (English Language, Mother Tongue Language, Mathematics, Science) at standard level.
- Meet the 33rd percentile PSLE aggregate score of students who take the 4 subjects at standard level in national primary schools in that same year.
- Sit for a National Education quiz before the PSLE.
For more information, please contact our Compulsory Education Unit.
Special educational needs
Children born on or before 1 January 2012 are exempted if they are unable to attend any national primary school due to physical, intellectual or developmental disabilities.
How to apply
Submit your request with all supporting medical documents to our Compulsory Education Unit.