Our curriculum and programmes are based on the Nurturing Early Learners (NEL) Framework that guides the development of kindergarten programmes in Singapore.
At MOE Kindergarten (MK), we believe preschool children are curious, active and competent learners. They’re keen to make sense of the world around them, and they learn best through active learning.
We strive to make learning authentic and relevant for your child through activities with a distinctive Singapore flavour. This helps nurture your child’s:
- Confidence and social skills.
- Literacy and numeracy skills.
- Bilingualism in English and their Mother Tongue Language (i.e. Chinese, Malay and Tamil languages).
Classrooms typically have up to 20 children, divided into smaller groups for specific activities.
In place of giving workbooks or worksheets as homework, we encourage family-based learning activities that you and your child can engage in together. This will help you bond with your child and share the joy of their growth and learning.
Our curriculum comprises 2 flagship programmes, the HI-Light Programme and Starlight Literacy Programme for English and MTL. In addition, each term at MK will conclude in a Weeks of Wonder project.
We organise occasional field trips to places of interest, so your child can better understand the people and places in Singapore, and the world they live in.
Programmes at different MKs
All MKs offer the same curriculum and programmes.
Each MK customises learning activities, teaching resources and approaches, and classroom spaces based on their children’s needs.
Supporting your child’s journey
Families play an important role in nurturing children’s holistic development. We routinely involve families in children’s learning through our Leading and Inspiring Families of Early Learners @ MOE Kindergarten (LIFE@MK) programme.
LIFE@MK is a series of workshops conducted by MK educators for parents. We’ll share:
- What your child learns at MK.
- Educational approaches that are appropriate for your child’s development.
- Practical tips to help you nurture your child's holistic development at home.
- Information on specific topics, such as supporting your child’s transition to primary school.