2. Eligibility criteria
Each polytechnic has its own selection criteria. They will take into account your demonstrated interest and aptitude for the courses that you are applying to. As part of the selection process, you may need to submit portfolios, and undergo interviews and aptitude tests.
If selected, you will be given conditional offers before taking your O-Level examination, or before the release of your final Grade Point Average (GPA) for Nitec or Higher Nitec. To confirm your admission, you will still need to meet the polytechnic admission criteria and the minimum entry requirements of the course that you are offered.
If you're an O-Level holder
You will need to meet both of the following requirements:
- Net ELR2B2 score of 26 points or better for the O-Level examinations, except for the Diploma in Nursing where the requirement is 28 points or better. Results may be combined from no more than 2 sittings of the O-Level examinations.
- Minimum Entry Requirements (MERs) for the polytechnic course you have been offered. The MERs for each polytechnic course can be found on the polytechnics’ websites.
- EL: English Language.
- R2: 2 relevant subjects for the polytechnic course applied for.
- B2: 2 other best subjects which could be elective subjects.
If you're a final-year ITE student
You will need to meet one of the following requirements:
- Final net GPA of 2.0 or better for Higher Nitec qualification.
- Final net GPA of 3.5 or better for Nitec qualification.
If you meet the requirements, your course offer will be automatically confirmed upon release of the O-Level results, or GPA for Nitec or Higher Nitec. Students with confirmed offers will not be eligible to take part in the Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE), Joint Polytechnic Admissions Exercise (JPAE), or other polytechnic admission exercises.
If you are admitted through the Poly EAE, you must commit to your chosen polytechnic and course.
For working adults, the course offer will be confirmed after you have accepted the course offer by the end of the acceptance period. Visit the Poly EAE website for more details on the application timelines.