4. Posting process
JAE posting takes into consideration your O-Level results, indicated choices and vacancies available in the schools.
You will be posted to a course based on your net aggregate scores, where eligible bonus points are taken into account. The aggregate types for admission to post-secondary education institutions are as follows:
- 2-year junior college (JC) course based on L1R5.
- 3-year Millennia Institute (MI) course based on L1R4.
- Polytechnic course based on ELR2B2.
- ITE course based on ELB4, ELR1B3 or ELR2B2.
The way to read the aggregate types is as follows:
- EL: English Language.
- L1: First language (English or Higher Mother Tongue).
- R: Relevant subjects for admission (R2 refers to 2 relevant subjects while R5 refers to 5 relevant subjects).
- B: Best subjects, which could be elective subjects (B2 refers to 2 best subjects while B4 refers to 4 best subjects).
- Net aggregate score refers to your aggregate score after deducting bonus points.
- Gross aggregate score refers to your aggregate score before bonus points.
If two applicants have the same score
If 2 or more applicants with the same net aggregate score are vying for the last place in a course, they will be posted based on their citizenship status in this order:
- Singapore Citizens (SC)
- Permanent Residents (PR)
- International students
If there is a tie between 2 SCs with the same net aggregate score, the one with the better gross aggregate score will be posted to the course first.
If there is still a tie between the SCs with the same gross aggregate scores, posting to the course will be determined through a computerised ballot.
If you consider taking a Diploma in Nursing course
Interest is also considered for posting to Nanyang Polytechnic's Diploma in Nursing (C97) and Ngee Ann Polytechnic's Diploma in Nursing (N69).
Priority will be given to eligible applicants who have indicated these courses as their first choice and have met the minimum entry requirements.
If you are unsuccessful in all of your choices
You will be posted to a course with vacancies of similar institution type as what you indicated as your first choice. Entry into a JC, MI, polytechnic or ITE will depend on you meeting the course’s minimum entry requirements.