6. JC admission eligibility
To qualify for JC admission, you must:
1. Have a gross L1R5 aggregate score of 20 and below. The L1R5 aggregate score is made up of the following subjects:
|First Language (L1)||English/Higher Mother Tongue|
|Relevant Subject 1 (R1)||Humanities/Higher Art/Higher Music/Malay (Special Programme)/Chinese (Special Programme)/Bahasa Indonesia|
|Relevant Subject 2 (R2)||Mathematics/Science|
|Relevant Subject 3 (R3)||Humanities/Higher Art/Higher Music/Mathematics/Science/Malay (Special Programme)/Chinese (Special Programme)/Bahasa Indonesia|
|Relevant Subject 4 (R4)||Any GCE ‘O’ Level subjects (except Religious Knowledge)|
|Relevant Subject 5 (R5)||Any GCE ‘O’ Level subjects (except Religious Knowledge)|
- Grades for both Higher MTL (such as Higher Chinese, Higher Malay and Higher Tamil) and MTL (such as Chinese, Malay and Tamil) cannot be used in the same aggregate computation. For example, if Higher MTL is used as first language, MTL cannot be used as a relevant subject.
- “Merit” and “Pass” grades for the Mother Tongue ‘B’ Syllabus (such as Chinese ‘B’, Malay ‘B’ and Tamil ‘B’) cannot be used for aggregate computation.
2. Meet the following subject requirements
|Mother Tongue Language (MTL), such as Chinese Language, Malay Language or Tamil Language or Mother Tongue Language-in-lieu (MTL-in-lieu), such as Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, French, German, Japanese, Arabic, Burmese, Thai.|
- Student who does not meet the subject requirements but meet the conditions below is eligible for conditional admission.
- L1R5 ≤ 15
- L1R5 from 16 to 20 and have grades of ‘A1’ or ‘A2’ in all the 5 relevant subjects