If your child is aged 6 to 6+ as of 1 January in the year of admission, they can seek admission to Primary 1 (P1) of our mainstream schools through the P1 registration process for international students.
If your child is aged 7 to 7+ and above as of 1 January in the year of admission, they can seek admission to our mainstream schools through either of the following:
- Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) The AEIS is for admission to Primary 2 to 5 and Secondary 1 to 3 for the following academic year.
- Supplementary Admissions Exercise for International Students (S-AEIS). The S-AEIS is admission to Primary 2 to 4 and Secondary 1 to 2 for the same academic year.
The AEIS and S-AEIS are centralised tests on English and Mathematics to assess your child's English literacy, numeracy and reasoning abilities. They are conducted in English, and there are different tests for different education levels.
Admission through AEIS or S-AEIS is not guaranteed, and is subject to your child's performance in the tests. If successful, placement will be based on the available vacancies in our schools and your declared residential area, where possible.
If your child is seeking admission to Kindergarten 1, they may be considered for admission to MOE Kindergarten (MK) if there are vacancies remaining in the MK after all Singapore Citizen and Permanent Resident children have been admitted. Admission is not guaranteed due to limited vacancies. Learn more about it.
If your child is seeking admission to Primary 2 to 5 or Secondary 1 to 3, you can submit an online form for assistance and advice. You will need to prepare the following information and documents:
- Academic year and level your child is seeking admission to.
- Residential address and contact number in Singapore.
- Email address.
- Birth certificate and passport data page of the child.
- Singapore NRIC of the parent who is a Singapore Citizen.
- Passport data page of both parents.
- Marriage certificate of the parents.
If the supporting documents are in other languages, an accurate English translation must be provided. All supporting documents submitted for application will not be returned.
- If you are seeking admission to junior colleges or Millennia Institute, you can apply directly to the school in December. Admission will be subject to availability of vacancies and your child meeting the school's criteria. Use our SchoolFinder to explore and shortlist suitable schools.
- If you are seeking admission to preschools, private schools, polytechnics or universities, you should approach the school or institution directly.