Last updated:

Financial assistance

Singapore Citizens in financial need can get assistance from MOE on school fees and other expenses. This applies to government, government-aided, specialised and some independent schools. Learn if your child is eligible.

Eligible Singapore citizens may receive financial help on fees and other school expenses. They include:

  • If your child is in a government or government-aided school, autonomous government or government-aided school or specialised school, you can apply for the MOE Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS).
  • If your child is attending an independent school, NUS High School of Mathematics and Science or School of Science and Technology, you can apply for the MOE Independent School Bursary (ISB) scheme.


  • If your child is attending Singapore Sports School or School of the Arts, you should apply for financial assistance directly with the schools as they have their own financial assistance schemes.
  • If your child is attending MOE Kindergarten (MK), you can find out more about the fees and subsidies in our MK section.

Financial assistance eligibility checker

Enter the details to check whether your child is eligible for financial assistance.


Enhancements were made to the MOE Financial Assistance Scheme, and ITE bursary and scholarship on 1 April 2020. Learn about it.