Every Singapore Citizen (SC) will have an Edusave account created automatically for them.
For SCs in MOE-funded schools, they will receive annual contributions from the start of their primary school education until they complete their secondary school education.
For SCs who are not in MOE-funded schools, they will receive annual contributions from 7 to 16 years of age. This includes children who are enrolled in madrasahs and privately-funded schools, as well as those home-schooled or residing overseas.
Here’s how much your child will receive this year:
- Primary school students: $230
- Secondary school students: $290
- You cannot contribute into your child's Edusave account.
- As announced at Committee of Supply (COS) Debate 2020, an Edusave top-up of $200 will be provided to all eligible Singaporean students in primary and secondary schools, including Singaporean children aged 7 to 16 who are not in MOE-funded schools. This is on top of the annual contributions that they currently receive. The top-up will be done automatically in April 2020.
- Junior college and Millennia Institute students will not receive annual contributions or top ups. They can still use their available Edusave funds for approved fees and enrichment programmes organised by their schools.