The UPLIFT Scholarship recognises the achievements of students in independent schools who have performed well academically, or in specific talent areas, and are from lower-income families.
Who is eligible
Singapore Citizens who are:
- Admitted to an independent school through Direct School Admissions (DSA), qualified for the Edusave Scholarships for Independent Schools (ESIS), or both.
- From families whose monthly gross household income is $2,750 or less, or monthly per capita income is $690 or less, who qualify for 100% fee subsidy under the Independent School Bursary (ISB).
$800 cash award per year.
Your child will receive the award every year throughout the:
- Duration of their course of study, starting from the year they enter the school, if they are admitted through DSA.
- Duration of their ESIS award, starting from the year they receive the award.
To continue receiving the UPLIFT Scholarship:
- Your child must progress to the next level of study and have good conduct.
- Your family’s monthly gross household income is $4,000 or less, or monthly per capita income is $1,000 or less.
How to apply
No application is required. Your child will automatically be awarded if they are receiving 100% fee subsidy under the ISB.
If your child meets the eligibility criteria for the UPLIFT Scholarship but have not applied for ISB, you can apply through your child’s school. If the school assesses that your child is eligible, they will be awarded both the ISB and UPLIFT Scholarship.
When your child will receive the award
Your child will receive the award upon the school’s assessment that they are eligible for the UPLIFT Scholarship.