The UPLIFT Scholarship recognises the achievements of students in independent schools who have performed well academically or in specific talent areas and are from lower-income families.
Who is eligible
Singapore Citizens who are:
- Admitted to an independent school through Direct School Admissions (DSA) or qualified for Edusave Scholarships for Independent Schools (ESIS)
- From families whose monthly gross household income is $2750 or less, or monthly per capita income is $690 or less. (These students qualify for 100% fee subsidy under the Independent School Bursary (ISB)).
$800 cash award per year.
Your child will receive the award every year throughout the:
- Duration of their course of study, starting from the year they enter the school, if they are admitted through DSA.
- Duration of their ESIS award, starting from the year they receive the award.
To continue receiving the UPLIFT Scholarship:
- Your child must progress to the next level of study.
- Your child must display good conduct.
- Your family’s monthly gross household income is $4000 or less, or monthly per capita income is $1000 or less.
How to apply
No application is required. Your child will automatically be awarded if they are receiving 100% fee subsidy under the MOE Independent School Bursary (ISB).
If your child meets the eligibility criteria but have not applied for ISB, please apply through your child’s school. If the school assesses that your child is eligible, they will be awarded both the ISB and UPLIFT Scholarship.
When your child will receive the award
Your child will receive the award upon the school’s assessment that they meet the eligibility of the UPLIFT Scholarship.