Primary 6 students can apply for DSA-Sec based on a wide-range of talents, including:
- Sports and games
- Visual, literary and performing arts
- Debate and public speaking
- Science, mathematics and engineering
- Languages and humanities
- Uniformed groups
- Leadership (e.g. prefects)
Schools have different selection criteria, but in general, applicants must be able to demonstrate a high level of ability. For example, your child might have:
- Represented the school in a CCA.
- Held a prominent role in a play or performance.
- Done well in a subject such as mathematics or creative writing.
- Held a leadership role in class or a CCA.
Things to note
- Your child’s PSLE score still matters. Students offered placement in a DSA-Sec school still need a PSLE score that qualifies them for the course offered by the school.
- If your child is admitted through DSA-Sec, they must commit to their chosen school for the duration of the programme. They are not allowed to transfer to another secondary school.