How to apply
You have from 9am on Wednesday, 8 May 2019 to 3pm on Tuesday, 4 June 2019 to submit your child's application. Follow these steps to apply:
- Log in to the DSA-Sec portal with your SingPass. Find out how to register for a SingPass if you don't have one.
- You can indicate up to 3 choices and 3 talent areas.
- You may indicate up to 2 talent areas for the same secondary school. If you are keen to apply for 2 talent areas offered by the school, you must indicate both talent areas as separate choices.
- You may provide information for up to 10 non-school based activities and achievements which are related to your child's chosen talent areas.
- There is no need to submit any supporting documents during application. Your child's primary school records (for example, P5 and P6 academic results, CCA, school-based activities, achievements or awards) will be automatically shared with the schools.
- Enter your contact details correctly. This allows the schools to contact you if your child is shortlisted for the selection process.
- You can update, withdraw and re-submit your application during the application period.
- If you are unable to apply online, approach your child's primary school for assistance.
For children not in a mainstream primary school
- Collect a registration number from the MOE Customer Service Centre from Wednesday, 8 May 2019 to Tuesday, 4 June 2019. You will need this registration number to access the DSA-Sec portal.
You will need to bring the following original documents and their photocopies if your child is:
- A Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Your child's birth certificate.
- You and your child's proof of citizenship (for example, passport, entry permit, re-entry permit, FIN, NRIC, Certificate of Singapore citizenship, etc.).
- An international student.
- Dependant's pass, immigration exemption order or student pass (if any).
- To participate in the DSA-Sec, your child must be born between 2 January 2003 and 1 January 2008 for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents, or between 2 January 2005 and 1 January 2008 for non-Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents.
- Ensure that documents are valid at the point of registration and in English (or with an accompanying English translation).