The MOE Teaching Scholarship is offered to candidates with a strong passion for education and teaching. The scholarship is tenable for undergraduate studies at both local and overseas universities. Upon completion of your studies and teacher training, you will be given developmental opportunities to groom you for senior positions in teaching, leadership or specialist roles, depending on your performance and potential.
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who is willing to take up Singapore Citizenship
- GCE A-Level, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong leadership qualities and passion for education
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good CCA records
What you can study
- Art and Music
- Physical Education and Sports Science
- Social Sciences
Where you can study
- Reputable overseas universities
- Local autonomous universities
What the scholarship covers
We will sponsor the following:
- Tuition fees and other approved charges
- Maintenance and pre-studies allowance
- Return economy airfare, if you are studying overseas
- Developmental programmes, such as school attachments, during your undergraduate studies
- Approved student exchange programmes, summer programmes and CCAs
- Possibility of sponsorship of Master’s degree (if requirements are met)
After completing your undergraduate degree, you will enrol in the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) programme at the National Institute of Education (NIE) for teacher training.
Length of bond
Your scholarship bond length depends on your country of study:
|If you study in…||You will serve a bond of…|
|An English speaking country||6 years|
|A non-English speaking country||5 years|
Submit your applications via the PSC Gateway portal.
- You have to indicate ‘Teaching Service' as your preferred scheme of service.
- Your application will be reviewed by the PSC Secretariat and may be referred to MOE at PSC's discretion. We will consider every applicant for the full range of MOE scholarships and award.
- If you do not hear from us by 1 July, you may consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Applications usually open in early September and close in mid-March. Please check the PSC Gateway portal for the exact deadline.