The MOE Teaching Award is offered to candidates with a strong passion for teaching. The award is tenable for undergraduate studies at local autonomous universities or NTU-NIE. Upon completion of your studies and teacher training, you will be given developmental opportunities to groom you for key positions in school, depending on your performance and potential. Those who exhibit strong potential will be given opportunities to be deployed to MOE Headquarters.
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who takes up Singapore Citizenship before embarking on studies
- GCE A-Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB), Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High School Diploma or equivalent
- Qualify for entry into a local autonomous university
- Passion for teaching
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good CCA records
What you can study
- Art and Music
- Physical Education and Sports Science
- Social Sciences
Where you can study
- Local autonomous universities or NTU-NIE
What the award covers
We will sponsor the following:
- Tuition fees and other approved charges
- Maintenance allowance
- Developmental programmes, such as school attachments, during your undergraduate studies
- Approved student exchange programmes, summer programmes and CCAs
After completing your undergraduate degree, you will enrol in the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) programme at the National Institute of Education (NIE) for teacher training.
Length of bond
You will serve a 4-year bond upon completion of your undergraduate studies and teacher training.
Note: If you are enrolled in the PGDE programme at NIE, you will also have to serve a 3-year bond. The discharge of your bond will start upon commencement of trained service and is concurrent with your scholarship bond.
21 February to 15 March 2020
Please submit your application to MOE via the Careers@Gov portal. If you are shortlisted, we will notify you within 4 to 6 weeks from the application closing date. If you do not hear from us by then, you may consider your application to be unsuccessful.