If you would like to be a School Counsellor but do not have the relevant qualifications or experience, you can apply through our sponsored foundational training programme. The programme will equip you with the necessary skills to support our students with their social and emotional needs. You will also receive a full monthly salary during this training. Upon completion of training, you will serve a 2-year bond.Bond length: 2 years
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Preferably at least 1 year of full-time work experience in teaching, counselling or volunteering work involving children and youths
- A tertiary qualification. Those without a tertiary qualification and with relevant experience/expertise may also apply
Salary and benefits
School Counsellors are appointed on the Allied Educator Scheme of Service. Successful candidates will be hired on a contract basis.
During your training, we will provide you with a monthly salary. Your exact salary depends on:
- Your relevant experience and time spent on the job
- Your academic training
- Whether you have completed full-time National Service
You will also be eligible for these benefits:
- Time off during school holidays, as long as your services are not required during that time
- Subsidised medical and dental benefits
- 14 days of medical leave without hospitalisation, and up to 60 days with hospitalisation
- 10 days of urgent leave for private matters, subject to approval
- Use of Civil Service Club chalets at subsidised rates
- Optional life and critical illness coverage
Applications for this position will open on 1 July 2020 and will close on 17 July 2020.
Visit Careers@Gov to apply for this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered