As an Allied Educator (Learning and Behavioural Support), or AED (LBS), you will provide support to students with mild special educational needs in mainstream schools. Examples of special educational needs are dyslexia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), mild autism spectrum disorders (ASD), sensory impairments, and physical impairments.
This position includes a sponsored foundational training programme. You will receive a monthly salary during your training. Upon completion, you will have to serve a 2-year bond.
Roles and responsibilities
You will be expected to support students with special educational needs in the following areas:
- Intervention support
- Systems consultation in the area of educational development
- Liaise with stakeholders, such as parents or external agencies, to ensure continued support for them
You should have:
- A passion for working with students with special educational needs
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A tertiary qualification, or relevant experience and expertise working with SEN students
Salary and benefits
Allied Educators (LBS) are appointed on the Allied Educator Scheme of Service. Successful candidates will be hired on a contract basis.
Your starting salary will range from $1,800 to $4,610. Your exact salary takes into consideration:
- Your relevant work experience and time spent on the job
- Your academic training
- Whether you have completed full-time National Service
You will also be eligible for these benefits:
- Time off during school holidays, as long as your services are not required during that time
- Subsidised medical and dental benefits
- 14 days of medical leave without hospitalisation, and up to 60 days with hospitalisation
- 10 days of urgent leave for private matters, subject to approval
- Use of Civil Service Club chalets at subsidised rates
- Optional life and critical illness coverage
Applications for this position open on 21 September and closes on 2 October 2020.
Visit Careers@Gov to apply for this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered.