The Ministry values every teacher as part of the MOE family, and is committed to supporting and developing each teacher's potential to the fullest through a variety of professional development opportunities like training courses and conferences.
- Professional development packages and leave schemes, including scholarships and sponsorships, that support our teachers in strengthening and upskilling themselves professionally in different areas of educational specialisation.
- Teachers' work attachment programme allows our teachers to take part in work attachments at organisations to broaden perspectives, create new learning experiences for professional development and to enrich their students' learning.
- Management and Leadership in Schools programme and Leaders in Education programme are milestone courses for high-potential Education Officers to prepare them for leadership roles.
We also have various institutes and academies, such as the Academy of Singapore Teachers, that work together in synergy to foster a stronger culture of professional collaboration and excellence.
Because different teachers have different aspirations, the Ministry of Education has 3 career tracks to allow them to develop and progress along different fields of excellence.
- The Teaching Track provides professional development and advancement opportunities for teachers who are keen to further develop the pedagogical capability of the teaching force.
- The School Leadership Track provides opportunities for teachers who are keen to contribute to the effective management and leadership of schools.
- The Senior Specialist Track provides opportunities for those who are inclined towards more specialised areas in educational development, where deep knowledge and skills are essential for breaking new grounds.
Moving between tracks
There will be flexibility for lateral movements across the different tracks. Teachers can choose to move across the different career tracks, as long as they meet the requirements of the job they aspire to take on.