If you do not have the required Early Childhood qualifications to teach in a kindergarten setting, you can still become an MOE Kindergarten (MK) teacher through the MOE Kindergarten Teacher Training Programme (MK TTP).
Programme length: 9-month sponsored training
Bond length: 2 years
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with:
- Effective communication skills and the ability to engage children
- A nurturing spirit
- Dedication to the development and well-being of children
Salary and benefits
- You will receive a monthly salary of between $2,000 and $3,000 from the commencement of your training programme. Your exact salary takes into consideration your experience, academic training, and whether you have completed full-time National Service.
- Course fees will be sponsored by MOE
- During training, you will receive a one-off grant of $1,050 for study related expenses
You will also be eligible for these benefits:
- Time off during school holidays as long as your services are not required during that time
- Subsidised medical and dental benefits
- 14 days of medical leave without hospitalisation and up to 60 days with hospitalisation
- 10 days of urgent leave for private matters, subject to approval
- Use of Civil Service Club chalets at subsidised rates
- Optional life and critical illness coverage
Professional development and career tracks as an MK educator
The Ministry values every MK educator as part of the MOE family, and is committed to supporting and developing your potential. Learn about the different professional development opportunities and career tracks available for MK educators.