Roles and responsibilities
- Organise and deliver the curriculum and programmes
- Support the development and implementation of teaching approaches and preparation of learning materials and resources
- Provide a positive learning environment
- Ensure children’s well-being and safety
- Engage parents and education partners
- Monitor and document children’s learning and growth
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with:
- Effective communication skills and the ability to engage children
- A nurturing spirit
- Dedication to the development and well-being of children
- A Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education – Teaching (DECCE-T) or an equivalent qualification
Salary and benefits
You will be paid a starting salary between $2,350 and $4,106. Your exact salary takes into consideration:
- Your relevant experience and time spent on the job
- Your academic training
- Whether you have completed full-time National Service
You will also be eligible for these benefits:
- Time off during school holidays as long as your services are not required during that time
- Subsidised medical and dental benefits
- 14 days of medical leave without hospitalisation and up to 60 days with hospitalisation
- 10 days of urgent leave for private matters, subject to approval
- Use of Civil Service Club chalets at subsidised rates
- Optional life and critical illness coverage
The application windows in 2020 are as follows:
3 Feb to 16 Feb 2020
- Interview period: End-February to March 2020
- Start work on: 13 July 2020
28 Mar to 12 Apr 2020
- Interview period: End-April 2020 to May 2020
- Start work on: 13 July 2020
19 Sep to 4 Oct 2020
- Interview period: October 2020 to early-November 2020
- Start work on: 28 December 2020 or April 2021
Note: The above timelines are indicative.
Submit your application via Careers@Gov:
- Application of English Medium Kindergarten Teacher
- Application of Mother Tongue Language Kindergarten Teacher
- When filling up the application form, under the field ‘Position applied for', please select ‘MOE Kindergarten Educator'. Otherwise, there could be a delay in the processing of your application.
- For all application windows, your application should reach us by 11pm of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within 6 weeks from the application closing date, you may deem your application as not successful.
- Applications submitted outside the application windows will be processed together with other applications received in the next application window.
If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will receive an email informing you of the interview details and documents that you are required to bring to the interview. Please bring all required documents to facilitate the processing of your application.
The interview comprises 2 components:
- Written task
- Discussion with the panel
English or Mother Tongue Language entrance proficiency tests (EL/MTL EPT)
You may be required to sit for and meet the minimum requirements of the tests at the Ministry's discretion.
If you are required to take any of the tests, you will be informed and scheduled for them. Details of the tests will be sent to you through email.
You will be required to undergo a medical examination, paid for by the Ministry, which may include vaccinations according to regulatory and prevailing guidelines adopted by the preschool sector.
Please go for the medical examination as soon as possible to facilitate the processing of your application.
Selection for appointment
If you meet all the Ministry's requirements, your application will be considered in competition with other applicants. If you are selected for appointment, you will receive an invitation to attend the appointment briefing.
We will inform you via email if your application is unsuccessful. Alternatively, you can check your application status anytime via Careers@Gov.
Professional development and career tracks as an MK educator
The Ministry values every MK educator as part of the MOE family, and is committed to supporting and developing your potential. Learn about the different professional development opportunities and career tracks available for MK educators.