The MOE Kindergarten Teaching Award is offered to candidates with a strong passion in nurturing children and seek a dynamic career in Singapore's preschool education.
The award sponsors students undertaking the Early Childhood Education courses in our local polytechnics and trains them to become an MOE Kindergarten Educator.
- Singapore Citizens, or Singapore Permanent Residents
- A nurturing spirit
- Effective communication skills and the ability to engage children
- Dedication to the development and well-being of children
- Year 1 or Year 2 students enrolled in one of the following Early Childhood Education Courses:
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic Diploma in Chinese Studies (Early Childhood Teaching Track)
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic Diploma in Early Childhood Development and Education
- Temasek Polytechnic Diploma in Early Childhood Development and Education
What the award covers
We will sponsor the following:
- Grant of $29,000 to be payable over a few tranches
- Tuition fees and approved charges
- One-off grant of $1,050 for study-related expenses
- Up to $1,000 per annum for Early Childhood Education-related supplementary courses supported by the polytechnic, such as Speech and Drama
- Opportunities to participate in HQ and MOE Kindergarten internships
Length of bond
You will serve a 3-year bond at an MOE Kindergarten.
Application for the MOE Kindergarten Teaching Award is currently closed. It typically opens in January.
Please submit your application to MOE via the Careers@Gov portal. If you are shortlisted, we will notify you within 4 to 6 weeks from the application closing date. If you do not hear from us by then, you may consider your application to be unsuccessful.
There are 2 stages in the selection process:
1. Selection interview
If you are shortlisted, we will contact you for an interview in February.
You can expect to spend about 2 hours at MOE. You will need to bring the original copies of all your certificates and supporting documents for verification.
2. Other assessments
If you are further shortlisted after the interview, you will have to do a compulsory 5-day stint at an MOE Kindergarten. The purpose of this stint is to:
- Enable you to affirm your interest in teaching
- Enable us to assess your suitability for the job
We will inform you of the arrangements within 2 to 4 weeks from your interview.